What Guides Us
We invest in people. We care about the well-being of our team, tenants, and investors and focus on creating an inclusive, supportive company that extends to policies of partnership and people-centered growth.
We recognize our responsibility to give. We have a fiduciary responsibility to our investors and a human imperative to our tenants and communities. Wherever we go, we couple innovative and ambitious thinking with thoughtful execution to add value.
We must determine what is true. The truth allows us to make informed decisions that put us in the best position to generate value for all of our stakeholders and returns that will outperform the market.
Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing
Our value-add strategy focuses on acquiring and operating naturally occurring affordable housing (“NOAH”) communities to create value through strategic improvements and active management while preserving affordable rents.
• Transaction Size: $8 to $30 million
• Characteristics: multifamily, sub class-A, built pre-2000, 75 to 250 units
• Location: Primarily focused across the Mid-Atlantic in submarkets with proven fundamentals
Co-Living & Urban Infill Development
Our development strategy is designed to unlock value by investing in real estate that can be improved, re-positioned, or repurposed to achieve attractive returns while enhancing the community.
• Transaction Size: $2 to $30 million
• Characteristics: opportunistic across all asset classes, ground-up, urban infill, adaptive reuse
• Location: Primarily focused in Washington DC, walkable urban locations, emerging neighborhoods